How do one safely login to Rediffmail? This guide includes https Rediffmail URL, common security tips, NG Email Service and security features offered by rediffmail.
You can login using different methods. To get to Rediffmail Inbox to check your emails, considering using the “https” URL instead of the http one. The https URL is https://mail.rediff.com/cgi-bin/login.cgi
Ensure that you have “Secure Login” checked before you signin.
Rediffmail is one of the most popular web email service in India. They boast about 100 million registered users. It is hard to predict the number of unique users. Rediff’s term and conditions allows users to have multiple inboxes. Unlike hotmail and yahoo, rediffmail offers “technically” unlimited email storage. Their AJAX powered email service is quite popular. There is also a support of main Indian languages with the help of Microsoft Windows software. With other popular email services, Rediffmail has an app for mobile usage. This will save time/effort compared to opening the website from the mobile browser. Its paid email service is called ‘Rediffmail NG’ and has support for all popular mobile platforms and support sync between PC and mobile. Rediff is one of the oldest domain names registered in India. They have over 250 employees and most of them are based in Mumbai.
Rediffmail NG comes with anti-virus/ spam protection features, unlimited POP/IMAP access and additional email id for your convenience.
PRO login URL: https://www.rediffmailpro.com/cgi-bin/login.cgi
The following information is collected when you use rediffmail.
– A cookie is stored on your PC to enhance user experience with time.
– IP address
– The type of computer/browser you are using to check rediffmail
– At the time of email registration, details such as first/last name, alternate email address, mobile no, post code, personal details and other optional details are collected.
– The links you click and the number of times you visit a single page.
How to protect your normal rediffmail or premium Rediffmail NG account:-
– Avoid using rediffmail email service from unprotected internet cafe
– Do not share your email access details with anyone.
– Never select a password that is obvious. Have a password that is complex yet easy to remember.
– While using a PC, ensure that the anti spyware/virus software is kept unto date to latest version.
– login to https website